5.22.2009

Trevor is officially on his mission!

So my brother entered the Missionary Training Center Wednesday. He'll spend 9 weeks there preparing for his mission in Ecuador. He got into town Tuesday night so we got to spend some time with him before we dropped him off. Me, Brandon, and Amanda went with him to the MTC. I started crying in the car on the way and couldn't stop :). Trev dropped off his luggage, got his new "Elder Johnson" name tag, we took the last few pictures, and then we went to a program that the MTC President and his wife put on.



The program was great. The president and his wife each spoke about the blessings of serving a mission and tried to put us family members at ease but telling us what our missionary would be doing while they're in the MTC and that they'll be taken really good care of. It actually really did help me feel better. I kept feeling all "big sister-ish" and wanting to protect Trev from having to go through something hard, even though I know it will be good for him and make him a better person. It was good for me to feel comforted knowing that this will be a positive experience for him.



Trev has such a strong testimony and he lives what he believes. He shares his testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ with his example, his gift of singing, his service, and his words. He is diligent, faithful, hard-working, passionate, and incredibly capable. I can't wait to hear about all the neat experiences he has, about the people in Ecuador that he will share the gospel with, and see how learns and grows from his mission.
-Amy




3 comments:

Travis and Megan Liston said...

Very sweet! I'm excited for Trevor. Your family is so great.

-Megan

Lindsey Bell said...

So sad. But good. Don't worry....they come back! And it goes by soooo fast!

Anonymous said...

OK that post made me cry. I thought about him all day Wed. He's so cute and faithful and they are so lucky to have a missionary like him. He's lucky to have a sister like you.