10.13.2009

First baby project

I finished my first baby project... a little blanket for him. I bought a kit at the fabric store that had these fabrics in it and the instructions to make it. It was pretty easy and I like how it turned out. I don't plan on making too many more things but we'll see-- I might get more of an urge later on.


I'm barely getting over a cold that I've had for a couple weeks. I have gotten more colds while being pregnant than I have in like the past 5 years of my life! I didn't have a voice for awhile so that made work interesting. I would smile and say to a customer "Hi! How are you?" or "Is there anything I can help you with?" and they would smile back and nicely say, "What?" Haha. When I'd have a more lengthy conversation with a customer, they couldn't help but wince at the sound of my scratchy not-really-existent voice. Winter hasn't even begun yet! I think I'll carry around hand sanitizer in my pocket and use it after touching every single thing because being sick is not fun when you're pregnant since you can't really take any medicine.

Other than that I'm feeling good. I had my 19-week doctor's appointment yesterday and she said I should be able to feel the baby move around in the next few weeks so I'm excited for that.

-Amy

2 comments:

Megan said...

Cute cute cute! You look adorable and cute quilt. I got sick a lot while prego too. It's not fun especially without the meds.

Anonymous said...

Amy, You are darling. I'm so sorry about the colds. Yes that is how is is when you are pregnant. It seems like everything comes on harder and longer. I'm glad you feel better. The quilt is so cute!