11.04.2009

Crazy prices at Gap

So I've seen Gap and Old Navy do "price-kills" every so often when they want to get rid of things so desperately that they mark them down to ridiculous prices. More often we see those great markdowns of $6.97, $3.97, and $2.97 but a few times in my life I've seen Old Navy have a rack of $.10 tees, tanks, or other shirts and it just blows my mind.... it's like basically free!! Well today I witnessed an extremely rare occasion of Gap doing their "price-killing"... I was there while they were actually going around ticketing things for $.97!!! I was literally right behind the girl as she was using her price gun making these 2 racks of clothes go from their typical sale prices of $14.99-$49.99 to $.97!!! Yes everything was suddenly $.97. I slightly panicked that someone might take something from me but luckily no one else was in the store. As much as I wanted to just buy everything from both racks knowing that the most that could cost me would be less than $100 and if there was anything I didn't want I'd just find people to sell/give the clothes to, I had to practice self-control. Okay and Brandon was with me and wouldn't let me buy everything. So I repeatedly looked through both racks making sure I got everything that was remotely cute. Here is what I ended up with:

Boyfriend blazer- Regularly $98.00
Button-up sweater- Regularly $69.50
Plaid button-up shirt- Regularly $49.50
Blouse- Regularly $49.50
Magenta silk top in 3 sizes (1 to wear now, 1 to wear when I get bigger, and 1 for my little sister)
-Each regularly $49.50
Magenta cardigan- Regularly $44.50
Tan cardigan- Regularly $44.50
2 skirts- Each regularly $44.50
Navy ruffle tee- Regularly $29.50
Gray ruffle tee- Regularly $29.50

$652 worth of stuff for $12.61:

Right now I'm going over those 2 racks in my head re-talking myself out of the things I said "no" to that I'm thinking I should've just bought. I will probably go back tomorrow to see if any more crazy price-killing happened after I left and also probably buy whatever is left of the racks.... Basically what I wanted to do and should've done is grab the 2 racks, drag them with me back to a dressing room and lock myself inside so no one could take anything from me and call everyone I knew to see if they'd be interested in any of it and find a home for everything. That's why I should've just bought everything and figured it out once I got home :). I get a little crazy when things get significantly marked down.... For those who know my shopaholic tendencies I hope you are proud of me for the self-control I showed today. In fact go ahead and tell me that I should NOT have bought everything because in case you can't tell I'm feeling some serious anxiety for not buying everything...
-Amy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

jealous!

the andersons said...

WOW! That is crazy. You lucky girl!! I just found some stuff at Baby Gap for 3.97 and I thought that was a steal :) But you win!

Courtney said...

that is amazing!!!!