
Since getting back from Iowa we've kept pretty busy and have tried to get out and enjoy this summer weather. Brandon is playing on an intramural softball team and Josh and I got to go to one of his games. Josh loves throwing balls so I bet he will be a talented athlete like his dad.
We've been going to the pool a lot, barbecuing, shopping in Short Pump (the outdoor mall down in Richmond), and tending our garden. We celebrated Brandon's birthday, the 4th of July, and our 5 year wedding anniversary!

The garden is doing okay. The peas died. I thought they were bush peas but I guess they were pole peas so while we were in Iowa they went crazy and grew a ton but had nowhere to go so they became a weird mess of stuff that died. The herbs didn't get used enough to keep re-growing new leaves so they "went to seed" and are now done growing so what I get out of the rest is all I get :(. The zucchini and squash are doing well. We've picked a few ripe cherry tomatoes. The other tomatoes, green beans, and peppers are coming along. It's been a good learning experience and we're proud of ourselves.
Josh continues to amaze us with his ever-growing cuteness. He's 16 months old. He LOVES water. He loves playing in water in any form: hose, sprinkler, kiddie pool, big pool, bath, sink, faucet, anything water-related. He's great at walking in the pool and dips his head in. He's brave. He loves climbing and running. He can climb into his stroller all by himself. We got a step stool for the kitchen and it's his new favorite toy to climb up and down on. He says "hot", "yeah", "down", and shakes his head for "no". He's started to be really interested in eating everything all by himself with utensils which has made for some messes but it's so cute to watch him.
-Amy

2 comments:
Oh boy, it's exciting when they start expressing interest in the utencils, but SO MESSY!!!! He is such a smart, talented little boy! I wish Sami could play with him!
I'm so jealous of your awesome garden! I want one!!
Post a Comment