We haven't done much to our house since moving in, no painting or home decor. We can't afford it and also don't seem to even have the time. And I know there are ways to be crafty and creative on a tight budget but I am just not talented in that area. Our furniture is gifted, thrifted, or cheap build-it-yourself. We didn't hang anything on the walls for almost a year and then only did the main level. Then I got around to hanging things in the office. And finally this past week I decided to hang up some things in our bedroom, ust using wall hangings we already owned. This isn't meant to impress you, but just show a project of mine that I'm proud to have completed and show the progress in making our home feel more homey :).BUT we can now say we own some "REAL" BRAND-NEW furniture!! With the $400 gift card I got from that furniture store for having a Leap Year birthday, we got a nightstand on clearance for $100 and a dresser on clearance for $300!!
This gorgeous dresser we decided to put in Josh's room so him and Baby Girl can share it. It's soooo nice having a dresser in his room finally. The clothes situation was getting out of control.
Brandon was so great in making this happen. He figured out a way to borrow a big SUV and took an afternoon off work so we could drive to Richmond hoping they'd have something we liked in their Clearance Room (because you can only take things same-day if it's from their Clearance Room). We found just what we wanted and are so thankful it all worked out so we could use that gift card! And my friend Jenny watched Josh so we could go since there wouldn't have been room for him in the car with us.





No comments:
Post a Comment