9.04.2014

August


Josh is the best big brother. Just when I think he couldn't be better he does something adorable or mature or sweet and I just stare with my mouth open in awe of the angel boy he is. They were up in Josh's room and I heard Josh reading a book so I crept quietly up the stairs and sneaked this picture (and video) of Josh reading a book (from memorization) to Emma.










We went to the Albemarle County Fair at Ash Lawn-Highland (James Monroe's gorgeous estate, it's one of my favorite places in Charlottesville) on an overcast Friday early evening. There weren't too many people there and it was nice weather so it was great. It's a quaint sweet picturesque simple fair. The kids loved seeing all the animals.




Indian food for date night!

They love to make each other smile and laugh.

Emma is a natural athlete. She's really coordinated, doesn't get discouraged, and loves trying new things.

Saturday morning fun at our favorite park downtown.

 UVA sports are a big part of our life. It's fun to have access to explore the athletic facilities.


Emma is almost always grumpy when she wakes up from her afternoon nap. It's at least a lot better than when she was younger and grumpy almost all the time. A tv show and sugar always do the trick.
Check out her awesome tan line!

Snuggling up to Dad while he's taking a breather.

She's obsessed with goggles.

I made some hooded bath towels for Winnie and Florian and decided to make matching ones for Josh and Emma too so they can have matching hooded towels with their best friends.

 I really really love when Josh and Emma get into their coloring and spend a few solid quiet minutes working on their art.


UVA women's soccer game. Emma put her hand on her heart during the national anthem :-)

My mom has made Emma lots of beautiful dresses and this is one of them-- it's the cutest ever.

She gets really excited about finding weeds "flowers" and thinks every single flower is the dandelion that you make a wish a blow so she blows on every single flower she finds. It's adorable.

Enjoying the last few weeks of the pool being open!


No comments: