Birthday dinner!

Birthday cake!

No birthday is complete without a dance party with Birthday DJ Roomba.


Cute kids in the tub, he's going to eat that foot!
Josh went to a BYU football game with his aunt Ashley! He had the BEST time.
He ate over half that thing... he's a donut-eating maCHINE!
Josh even got to see Dad for a minute while he was working down on the field!
Jack is growing up so fast! He learned to sit up and can scoot around. He's so close to crawling. Ahh!
Josh showed me some of his school projects and around his classroom.
Having a child in school has changed things. He goes to school from 12:20-3:20 (except Fridays are early out) so it's been different having something to do (take Josh to/from school) everyday at a certain time that we HAVE to do. Normally it doesn't really matter if I lose track of time but not anymore. It's sometimes hard with Jack's sleeping schedule, trying to coordinate it so I don't have to wake him up to drop off/pick up Josh. I'm not saying it's not worth it, obviously Josh going to school is worth it but it's just an adjustment :-)
Josh has homework everyday, he actually really enjoys it so it's not hard to get him to do it but it's something I need to sit down with him to do together. And we are supposed to read together everyday which we haven't been so great at but hopefully with things settling into more of a routine we should make it happen. I'm looking forward to it. I actually really enjoy the facilitated homework activities for us to do together. It's a great excuse to spend one-on-one time with him, to have those learning and sharing opportunities together, and for both of us to feel a sense of accomplishment. Josh is learning so much at school. It's so fun to see him love learning. He teaches Emma a lot of what he learns. But yet again, it's another thing that HAS to be done everyday that I need to think about and some days it can be stressful to squeeze it in, like if Jack is particularly fussy or I'm particularly tired. It's an adjustment.
So school is really great, Josh loves loves loves it, he loves learning new things, he's great at making new friends, he's so proud of projects and things he learns, I feel like I'm seeing changes in him-- he teaches all of us things he's learning, he's really observant, he's even more of a helper at home, he's more of a problem solver, and lately he's been really vocally appreciative, which is seriously music to my ears. The other day I got him a new pair of boots and after a few minutes of wearing them around the house he said, "Mom, thanks for getting me these new boots." Unprompted and sincere.
Emma usually takes a nap while Josh is at school but sometimes we read books together for a bit or make a treat together or she'll watch a movie. Sometimes we run errands, it's nice with one less child. It's the best when we ALL sleep.
Ashley came over with a fun pumpkin decorating activity! The kids loved it! It's been so fun living close to Ashley, we get to see her a lot and we loooove it. She's so fun and great. And she's a great friend to me.
Then Ashley surprised Emma and Eva with these AMAZING dresses she got handmade!! Emma has been BEGGING me for the "biggest dress EVER" (aka super poofy), nothing is ever big enough. So to say she was thrilled is an understatement.





No comments:
Post a Comment