10.02.2015

September

So the month started off with a few big miracles. On Tuesday, September 1st I found the perfect house to live in. I'd been playing the game for weeks of finding places on ksl and the FEW good places go within minutes of being posted. It's crazy. There's a lot of gross places available to rent but very few good ones. And we needed a decent-sized place with 3 kids (and we were used to the space of a bigger house and a backyard) and were hoping for something in Provo or Orem, close to BYU (Brandon's job). So this house had been on ksl for 30 minutes and someone had beat me to it. I was CRUSHED. I still drove by to look at it and loved the location. I was mad at myself for missing out and frustrated that I'd have to keep looking. Well later that night the owner emailed me saying that the other person fell through and it was still available!! I knew it was destiny. We went over right away to look at the inside and it was so beautiful and updated and lots of space and a fenced-in perfect-sized backyard. The owner was also willing to do a 6-month lease and month-to-month after that in case we sell our house and want to move somewhere else sooner than a typical year lease. We will most likely stay for the school year at least. We filled out applications, got approved, and signed the contract the next day!!!

I marched right over to the elementary school with the lease in hand to register Josh for school! (School had been in session for about a week already). I thought the process would take a few days but they were super easygoing and flexible and said to have him come the next day. It worked out that all the paperwork went through before then but I appreciated their enthusiasm for getting him in right away and they were sooo nice and welcoming. I was so excited to tell Josh he was finally going to school!! He couldn't wait! He was so ready. Kindergarten here is half day and we chose afternoon so Josh goes to school from 12:20-3:20 (Fridays is early out for everyone so he goes 11:25-1:30). I walked in with him and met his teacher. While I was talking to I watched Josh. He was really friendly to the other kids he saw. He jumped right in and followed their lead to help put things out and then went to sit down and a kid said, "no that's not where you sit" and I just about lost it. The teacher helped Josh with where to put his backpack and where to sit and I left. I started bawling before I could even make it out of the building. I was so worried about him being the new kid and not being included or knowing what to do like everyone else. I wish it was everyone's first day so he was in it together with them. But he was totally fine, had a great day, and in subsequent days adjusted just great, made friends quickly, and loves school sooo much. It was the greatest moment when I first heard him say bye to someone in his class on our way out of school and I knew he had friends.

Then Josh lost a tooth!! Big week for this guy. It was actually pretty traumatic. It happened right before bed while he was brushing his teeth. He was so terrified of what was happening, with the blood, and he wanted his tooth back and was really upset that he didn't have a tooth there anymore and wanted us to put it back. He cried himself to sleep that night but he was okay the next day.

The house was going to be ready to move into the following Monday (Labor Day) which was another miracle because our family we have in the area had the day off work and could help us load and unload. AND my dad and my sister Abigail were going to be in town spending a few days in Utah before going to Rexburg for her to go to BYU Idaho so they were here to help too! It was so awesome having so much help. We got it done. My dad, sisters Amanda (and her husband Ben), Abigail, and Polly stayed to help unpack and set up some beds too which was huge. Soooo helpful. The next few days my dad and Abigail were around to help a bit more. It was a really hard week trying to unpack but also a fun week to spend with my dad and Abigail while they were in town.

We went to Swiss Days in Midway. It was so fun. We got to hear Ashley sing in her accapella singing group that's soo good. There was a parade, good food, lots of people selling things.

We went to the Farmer's Market at the Stadium a few times this month with Polly. 


One of the times we went we saw Daniel Tiger there and the kids loved that. 

Polly and I went to see our friend Jack play Will in the Hale Centre Theatre production of Oklahoma!. Amanda and Ben watched the kids while we went. It was so fun to see it.

Polly got a new job so on her last day of work at Campus Floral she gave Josh and Emma a quick ride on the flower delivery van! I'm pretty sure it was the best time of their life :-)

The last day of September Jack turned 6 months old!! His bottom teeth have come in and he's been such a trooper through the move and everything. He's just the happiest best baby.

No comments: