During my time in school as a reporter I had various opportunities to join the anchors live on set for a more detailed explanation of my story. However, the truth is they were always looking for someone to go live and since I was the main reporter, I kind of had to. That is why I did a live shot for a story on the weather. It really wasn't all that interesting, but as they say, when you can go live, go live.
BYU MEN'S SOCCER DOCUMENTARY BRANDON HELPED WITH
In the spring of 2006 I had the opportunity to accompany the BYU Men's Soccer team on their yearly international trip. That year it took us to Mexico to play against various professional teams down south. I went to help make a documentary on the trip. I represented BYU Broadcasting. It really was a fun trip and I enjoyed it. I served my mission in Mexico City, so it was good to go back and see the city again. It was the first time I had been back to Mexico City since I served there. I also was able to see some of the people I taught. They traveled to the hotel where I was staying and spent a couple hours with me. One of the highlights in the trip was when the soccer team played a pickup basketball game against the church sponsored high school's team in Mexico City. The high school team came out in warm ups and music, while the soccer team just finished a scrimmage against the high school soccer team. Most of the soccer players hadn't played much basketball, but Mexicans are known for soccer, not basketball so the soccer team won. It was fun because the gym was packed full of students and it was a great atmosphere. You can catch the whole documentary on BYU TV or KBYU. That's me (holding the camera) and my film-making team in the picture above.
BRANDON'S STORY ON HOW TO MAKE A VIDEO PRODUCTION
In my last full semester at BYU I took at class where I had to create a website. I was assigned the beat of documentary film. At first I thought it would be good because I helped make a documentary once, but it turned out more difficult than I thought. Part of the website needed to include a video presentation so I interviewed the company I interned with, JTV Productions. They had a lot of good insight on video production and have been doing it for a long time. So if you have ever wondered what went into making a video production watch this clip and be enlightened...

1 comment:
This is so fun! I loved reading about you and Brandon's story. I have a comment for every one. First of all, getting sewage on you? Gross! Now you can always use that story when you want to prove how right you are. Second, I didn't know your engagement was so quick. That is very sweet what he did. Nice work Brandon. Third, I'm a big Ellen, the View, So you think you can dance, and Friends fan too! I didn't know anybody else likes The View. I'm a big Elizabeth fan. So what are you guys up to now? Where are you living? I'm glad you got a blog. This will help us keep in touch better.
Post a Comment