I went home to visit my family for a week. It was a good week to go- I was there for my mom's birthday, my sister's birthday, my brother's musical number, and Memorial Day. The kids were still in school so the days were spent going on walks in the morning, having lunch with Dad, and in the afternoon, I hung out with my youngest sister Blair. We either watched a movie, played outside, or she performed songs for me from her favorite show The Backyardigans. The evenings were spent enjoying dinner together and an occasional movie or birthday celebration. My mom's birthday was the first day I got there. My brother, Trevor, sang in church on Sunday and it made me cry. He has the most amazing voice. My sister, Abigail, turned 15 that Sunday also. I took her shopping the next day, Memorial Day, for her birthday. It was a lot of fun! My mom gave me a tour of the Women's Spa where she just got a job as a receptionist. It was great to see where she works and meet her co-workers. I'm so proud of her for getting such an amazing job and for taking on the challenge of employment after 15 years. My sister Polly tried out for her school's show choir while I was there and made it! My sister Amanda is home working for a few months before she goes to BYU Hawaii at the end of this month. My sister Gwendolyn was my biggest helper when I felt like cooking something up- she's such a good sport! It was so fun to spend time with everyone. I enjoyed the relaxing environment of my family's house and appreciated their hospitality. It was very hard to leave, as it always is.
-Amy

No comments:
Post a Comment