The first day was somewhat of an adventure. After checking in at the Hilton hotel, we got to our room which had two single beds instead of one king size bed so we had to wait awhile to get a different room.
Once we got that settled, we took the monorail to the other end of the strip. We walked around in the unbearable heat trying to find the ticket office to see if we could get tickets to Wayne Brady's comedy show but of course that night was the first time he decided to cancel his show... so we walked around the mall and I started to get blisters from my shoes (I promise they are normally comfortable shoes!). I tried to tough it out but my sore feet were making me unhappy. We tried to find new shoes but with no luck. We decided maybe we should go get something to eat.
We heard that the buffet at The Mirage was really
The next day was much better. I bought some comfy flip flops so my feet were happy. We started off the day at the buffet at the Hilton which was delicious. Then we went to the ticket office again and decided to get tickets for The Tournament of Kings dinner show at the Excalibur.
We spent the next few hours shopping, site-seeing, and catching a few
We went to Excalibur for the dinner show that night and it was very fun. For those of you who have not been to The Tournament of Kings, it has a medieval feel to it. You eat dinner with your hands. There are jousting and fighting tournaments. There are acrobats. There are dancers. There are fireworks. It is very entertaining.
After the dinner show, I needed to end the night with a few more Bellagio fountain shows. The Bellagio fountain shows are seriously one of my favorite things in the world. I could watch those shows for hours.
After that we took the monorail back to The Hilton, played a few nickel games, and called it a
It was a very fun weekend and a great way to celebrate our anniversary! 7 is a lucky number so since Saturday was 7/7/07, there were tons of people getting married that day. It was fun to be there with so many people celebrating!! Happy One Year Anniversary Brandon! Love ya!
-Amy

2 comments:
Hi Amy and Brandon! Congrats on your 1st anniversary! This looks like such a great way to celebrate it! Ryan and I used to always joke about getting hitched on the strip because he's from Vegas. You two look so cute in all of these pictures. Miss you, Amy! Hope all is well in the writing center!
Happy 1st anniversary! I'm always trying to get Mick to go to Vegas. The shows, the buffets, the shopping! What a fun weekend!
Post a Comment