So Brandon got offered a position to produce and be in charge of a new sports show for BYU-TV. Brandon has worked hard and is so talented that it's no surprise that he was offered this awesome job. We are very excited about it. Brandon loves it and has been really busy doing things for the show that is to start airing at the beginning of September. I'll let him tell you more about it.

After knowing we'd stick around Provo for awhile and since our contract at our previous condo ended, we decided to move to a new place. After a lot of looking, we found a brand new three bedroom 2 bathroom condo in south Provo. It was a lot of work packing, moving, and then unpacking. We also had a few adventures with the appliances at the new place but we are happy to now be all moved in and have everything working. We are mostly grateful that the Budget truck we rented (no we did not rent a U-haul) worked well and no accidents fell upon us :)

As you can see from the pictures, the walls are still bare and the blinds haven't been put in yet. I still go to the wrong drawers and cupboards. I just ran the dishwasher for the first time so I'm crossing my fingers that it works alright. We are still not quite sure where to put certain things. And vacuuming is much more of

a chore now with double the square footage... I know poor me right? So there are still a few things that need to be done and that we need to get used to before it will feel like home, but one thing I can say is that I love our bedroom closets. We each get our own and they're good size. We really love the place. The picture to the right is what the condos look like from the outside (there was a rainbow that day!)
I just found out that I will be able to continue working for a professor, Steve Hawks, that I have been working with for about a year and a half now. I'd been working for him while a student at BYU but appealed to continue working for him after I graduate. He is writing a book and teaching classes and needs my invaluable help :) so I am very excited to be able to continue doing that for a little while longer. I also was nominated by my professor Stephanie Fugal to be part of the Intermountain Healthcare Women's Advisory Council. I am on the education committee and I am so excited to be part of such an awesome organization. I am just so honored to be nominated by Stephanie and accepted by the council full of amazing women that I really look forward to working with. This is a picture of me and Stephanie at a Women's Conference that the council put on. It was a great success and so much fun!
So Brandon and I are loving our new place and ready to start living the high life of being employed college graduates! I'm glad we'll still be in the BYU scene and staying in the Provo area for awhile since we have friends, family, and fellow Cougars here!
-Amy
3 comments:
Three Bedrooms and 2 bathrooms! That's fantastic! With that much space you'll have to fill the house with babies. HE he!! Sounds like you are having a fun summer filled with weddings. I love seeing all the details people put into their weddings. It's always fun. I like the dress you are wearing too. Very cute. I look forward to seeing you in a week. Adios Senorita!
Megan
Congrats, Amy and Brandon! Your place looks fabulous! I would LOVE to get cooking in that kitchen! And also congrats on the jobs.
congrats on your new place, it looks really nice. I'm glad no accidents this time with the moving truck :)
Post a Comment