10.07.2007

True Blue

As many of you already know, my new job is producing a half hour weekly sports show called True Blue that shows on both KBYU and BYU-TV. The show airs on Wednesday at 6pm mountain time on BYU-TV. The show has a website byub.org/trueblue where you can see all the show times on the various channels. You can also go to http://byu.tv/ and watch it anytime after 6 pm on Wednesday. The byu.tv website is really cool because you can watch any program on BYU-TV for up to 2 weeks after it airs whenever you want. Hopefully sometime soon we will have the episodes available for download on itunes. When that happens, I will let you know.

So I get a lot of questions about exactly what I do... I am never on tv so you never see me. Basically every part of the show I had something to do with. I plan which stories we will do, which order we will do them, and write what the host says. Our host, Holly Rowe, who works for ESPN as one of their top sideline reporters, is very talented and we are lucky to have her. I receive a lot of help from the crew assigned to True Blue. Toni Cook is our lead reporter. She also helps come up with story ideas and helps the student reporters Jarom Jordan and Tracie Sandberg. They make the stories that are on the show. We also have two student editors who make the show look the way it does. They are both very talented at editing and make the show look professional. So pretty much, I am surrounded by talented people who make me look good.

The show has been a lot of fun and hopefully it has been beneficial to Cougar fans across the nation. We are going to have a special episode on what it takes to make a True Blue episode during the Christmas holiday. There you will see me on tv!

You can watch the episodes we have done so far on our website byub.org/trueblue

Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas for future shows!















-Brandon

No comments: