
So I got a new job. The professor I was working for resigned before Christmas so I needed to find a new job. After a few weeks of introspection and finally realizing I didn't really have the time or resources to discover and pursue my dream occupation here in Provo and at this time in my life, I decided the next best thing would be to work for BYU. So I applied for a Receptionist/HR Assistant full-time position at BYU Broadcasting and got the job!
It's the same place Brandon worked as assistant sports producer for BYU-TV before he graduated and the same place that he is currently contracted with producing his show about BYU sports, True Blue. So I felt like I knew some of the people that work there before I even started working. I was officially hired January 30th and as with all new jobs, it took a little while to get the hang of things and I'm still learning but I really love everyone that works there and it's so much fun. I sit at the front desk, answer phones, greet people, schedule rooms, order some supplies, coordinate travel for employees, help with some HR tasks, put together the monthly office bulletin board, watch BYU-TV, and do other various tasks. It's really fun to work at the same place as Brandon. A few days a week when Brandon works at the same building as me (some days he works on campus), we have lunch together. So it's been great and I'm grateful for the opportunity.
-Amy

No comments:
Post a Comment