5.03.2010

7 weeks old and smilin

Josh smiles on command now and I can't get enough. I even got him to laugh yesterday and it's so fun. He's still such a good baby. He hardly cries. He only fusses a little when he gets impatient to eat or when he's tired. I know people say "Oh you're so lucky" and it is very true that I was blessed with an angel baby but I feel like I can take a tiny bit of the credit since I've implemented a flexible but predictable schedule pretty much since he was born (agree all you Babywise moms out there?). He has increased his nights of a 4-5 hour shift and a 2-3 hour shift to be a 6-7 hour shift and then a 2-3 hour shift and I'm loving it. It makes life so much easier when I'm not quite as sleep-deprived.

He's so easygoing. Last week was especially busy running errands and he was such a good sport. One day in particular was in the 90s and humid and we were out and about all day long and when we got home we were both drenched, starving, and exhausted so clothes came off, we ate, and we slept. I felt bad that he was in his car seat all day long but I guess that's the life of a baby! I'm getting better everyday at learning to manage my time but it's amazing how after utilizing Josh's naptime to exercise, shower, get ready for the day, eat, clean, and take a nap myself, the day is gone. I have to do special planning to make dinner, run errands, or do other miscellaneous things.

I truly enjoy being a mom so much and can't get enough of Josh. I just want to hold him and play with him when he's awake. Other moms keep telling me that I'll reach a point where I'll want to lay him down so I can get things done and I do have to lay him down sometimes, but I still just want to hold him all the time :). He shows more and more of a personality. The thing that makes me laugh the most is when he's eating and he's "done" he "pretends" to fall asleep to let me know he's done-- I know he's pretending because he has one eye cracked open and a look on his face that looks like he's totally faking it. So I pick him up to burp him and he wakes right up and stretches like he just woke up but I know he was awake the whole time :). It also makes me laugh when he tries to communicate that he's not happy and he makes a coughing sound. It's like he doesn't want to cry so he just makes a sound to show he's irritated. He loves listening to music. I'm pretty sure he has "Bieber Fever" like me, but really... who doesn't?!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a cutie! I'm glad you are getting a routine down! :)

Allison said...

He's sooo cute! I'm glad you're taking credit too for how good he is!! :)

Anonymous said...

Darling, cute, perfect. Amy you are such an oldest child, on top of everything, organized. I love it that you still love to hold him. That doesn't surprise me at all with you. I'm also glad he's so good.