5.11.2010

8 weeks old

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year. Before I had Josh, Brandon was so sweet and would still get me a Mother's Day gift and celebrate me as a future mother but it was great to feel appreciated now that I am a mother. I think I love being a mom too much, if that's possible :). I think I'm having way too much fun. I'm happier than I ever thought possible. I enjoy every part of motherhood. Even the getting up in the middle of the night to feed Josh or the times when he decides to poop all over after I've taken his diaper off. Josh is such an angel baby and never tries my patience but there are sacrifices made as a mom no matter how great your baby is. Things that were once easy are now a little harder, I get a little less sleep, I spend a good chunk of my day taking care of Josh so I have less time in my day to do other things, I have to be a little more careful about how I spend our money (diapers replace the new pair of shoes I wanted :)), etc. but the rewards by far outweigh those small sacrifices.


I get to kiss, snuggle, and play with the cutest baby all day long. I get smiles and giggles... once he laughs, then I laugh and that makes him laugh and we go back and forth. I have to refrain from talking to him while he's eating now because he'll stop eating to smile and laugh. I know all of Josh's possible facial expressions and what they all mean. I get to teach Josh how to be social by talking to him. We talk back and forth for awhile sometimes if he's in the talking mood. I get to show him the world. I get to give him baths and watch him splash and play in the water. I get to rock him to sleep when he goes to bed at night. I love watching him fall asleep. I get to watch him get excited to see Daddy when he comes home from work and I get to watch Brandon light up when he gets to spend time with Josh. I get to make Josh happy when he's sad. The rewards of being a mom make me so grateful every moment of every day.

Josh is 8 weeks old now and pretty much constantly smiles, giggles, and coos whenever he's awake. He's getting stronger and likes to grab things. He's getting bigger-- taller and chubbier. He's been sleeping around 8 hours a night for the past week or so. He's into size 2 diapers and is in 3-6 month size clothes. He's still easygoing, happy, and lots of fun. Brandon and I pulled out our baby pictures to see if there's any resemblance to either of us.

Here's Josh:

Brandon (it's the only picture we could find):
Amy:
Here's a video of Josh sitting propped up by the Boppy. He's getting pretty strong!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Wow he's developing fast! He's already such a social little (big!) guy! I see some resemblances in both of you.