So a microburst (quick violent windy thunderstorm) blew through Thursday evening and caused a lot of big trees to fall down and knock down power lines. Over 40,000 homes lost power, including us. Everyone left to go home as soon as the power went out so it took Brandon over an hour to make it home (normally takes less than 15 minutes). We whipped up a yummy CPK BBQ chicken salad since that didn't involve using any power. Then we went on a walk and then went to bed early.
Well I forgot to turn off all the light switches before going to bed.... Our power came back on at 1am and I slept right through it but the lights woke Brandon up and when he got up he noticed that Josh was wide awake and not so happy. So Brandon woke me up and I ended up having to feed Josh for him to go back to sleep (normally he sleeps through the night). I was so mad at myself for not turning the light switches off. Josh seemed a little out of sorts the next day but recovered. We were lucky to get our power back so soon. A lot of people didn't get theirs back for a few days. It was all-in-all a fun little adventure but hopefully the next time that happens I'll remember to turn off the power switches and avoid any middle-of-the-night drama.
-Amy

No comments:
Post a Comment