Josh is just getting over his first cold. It's been a really rough week. He was sick for 2 days and then I got sick too. Who knows how he got it and if he caught it from me or I caught it from him. Either way it's hard enough being a mom when you're sick or being a mom of a sick kid. Then there's being a mom to a sick kid while you're sick. And though I haven't experienced it yet I know it only gets harder like being sick and having more than 1 kid, being a mom of multiple sick kids, more sickness, worse sickness, etc. etc. But I think the first time your first baby gets sick, it's a little stressful and being sick myself just made it a little worse. I felt sooo lucky that I wasn't in school, didn't have to go to work, and I could stay in my pjs all day and just focus on taking care of Josh and me. He still gave me smiles and tried to be a good sport but he just wanted to eat, cuddle, and sleep. So I didn't get much of anything done, which was fine since I didn't feel up to doing much of anything. So we just ate, cuddled, slept, and whined together all week. We tried to be good for Brandon on Father's Day though :). Monday was probably the worst day for both of us... we both felt awful. Finally today we both feel much better and should be back to ourselves by tomorrow. Well except that Josh is also teething so we're trying to figure out ways to help him feel better.
He's 14 weeks now and has learned to grab things on purpose and chew on them or lick them. He still hates tummy time so I'm not sure when he'll try to roll over. I know babies usually roll over from their stomach to their back first but it's hard to imagine that will ever happen with him. He still only tries to roll over to the sides when he's on his back. He still talks but now he also whines (I assume it's because of the teething). He laughs more and more. When people talk to him, he gives them a smile and now a little giggle too. He likes to kick his legs and push against things with his legs. He can sit and stand if you are just holding his hands. He splashes a lot when he takes a bath-- he still loves bathtime. He is constantly chewing on his hands and fingers. He drools so much that I've had to put a bib on him or else he'll soak his shirt. He likes to stick his tongue out. He likes when I read books to him-- sometimes when I read him books he'll laugh at really random parts. He likes to cuddle, which I love! He is in size 3 diapers now and in size 6-9 month clothes. He's still a very happy fun boy who is growing up way too fast.
Sorry you guys were both sick! I've had a bad cold and I'm hoping I don't pass it to Sam, but how do you avoid it when you're in such close contact? What a cutie though! And such a big boy! His momma must be taking good care of him ;) (By the way, love that blanket he's laying on!)
2 comments:
Sorry you guys were both sick! I've had a bad cold and I'm hoping I don't pass it to Sam, but how do you avoid it when you're in such close contact? What a cutie though! And such a big boy! His momma must be taking good care of him ;) (By the way, love that blanket he's laying on!)
boo, it's no fun when anyone is sick, but especially bebes! i hope you two feel better soon!
Post a Comment