
Brandon's parents stopped by to visit us for a few days on their way to D.C. to see Brandon's brother Jason who is interning for a senator there this summer. It was so much fun to see them and spend time with them. We only wish they could've stayed longer!
They got here Tuesday night. They flew into D.C. and had to drive through a really heavy rainstorm to get here.

The next day we went to Monticello. It was really hot out but it could've been a lot worse. It was partly cloudy so the sun didn't beat down on us the whole time. The timing didn't work out great because I ended up having to feed Josh right after the tour of the house started. It was a bit of an adventure trying to find a place to feed him. I didn't want to feed him outside because there were no benches in the shade and just imagining feeding him outside in the sun with the cover on... yeah that was not happening. After walking around for awhile to try to find a shaded bench and Josh getting more upset, I finally resorted to feeding him standing up in an un-air-conditioned bathroom stall. I'm not sure that was better than feeding him on an unshaded bench but by that point I wasn't really thinking clearly.
After the house tour was over, we all met back up and walked around the gardens. It was really gorgeous and really neat to be there. And I ended up finding the perfect shaded bench that had cool air blowing on it so now I'll know for next time. After we got back from Monticello Brandon had a softball game that his parents went to and they brought Mellow Mushroom pizza home afterward. Josh and I stayed home to clean up and rest after a long day out in the heat.
The next day we closed on our house so they came to that. It was nice having Brandon's dad there since he's an attorney who knows property titles like no one else and made sure everything went smoothly. And Brandon's mom watched Josh so I could sign a few things. Then we went and looked at our new house and they helped us water our dead grass and pick a few weeds. Then we went to the downtown mall to get dinner and ice cream. They left yesterday morning to go to D.C. It was a fun visit and hopefully we'll see them again soon! And I have to mention that Brandon took Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off work. He hasn't even been able to take a Saturday off in forever... maybe one other time since he's started his new job. He normally has to work Monday-Saturday. So it has been so much fun spending this week with him. Both Josh and I are so much happier when he's around!
-Amy





1 comment:
Wow! So much going on! Congratulations on your house! That's wonderful!!! I can commiserate with you regarding your bathroom stall experience: We were on our way back from AZ and stopped in Moab--blazing hot of course--and I couldn't feed Sam in the car, and I felt funny doing it in McDonalds, so I ended up feeding her in the bathroom standing up...yea, we're real women now! ;)
Post a Comment