10.01.2010

Crawling...

So in the few days since Josh started crawling he's developed some 'tude. He thinks he's entitled to everything. He thinks he should be able to go, do, play with, crawl on top of, eat, whatever he wants and he gets really mad when I don't let him. He doesn't want my help when he gets stuck against the wall and can't figure out how to turn himself around and keeps bumping his head against the wall. (He's gotten more boo-boo's in the past few days than since he was born!) He gives me all sorts of new grouchy ornery grumpy faces. He has new whines, yells, and growls. He knows what "no" means and he doesn't like it one bit. I don't know what has gotten into him but I'm wondering if this new-found "freedom" of crawling is causing this adjustment to take place. Whatever it is, I hope "angel Josh" comes back soon.

As much work as it is keeping him out of trouble now that he can crawl, it is fun to see him learn how to be more independent as he explores and can go where he wants. And it keeps him occupied for longer periods of time because he can entertain himself in more ways since he can do more on his own.

One thing that I love about him being able to crawl is that after he's played around on his own for awhile he ends up crawling to me and finds my legs and wraps his arms around my ankles and lays there until I pick him up and hold him. I think it's so adorable. It's another new way for him to show me he loves me and of course I love all the affection I can get from him.

Speaking of wrapping his arms around my ankles... when I go to unbuckle him from his highchair, he wraps his arms around my arm so tight like he's saying, "You BETTER be letting me out of this thing!" Josh is doing much better with his rice cereal. He's eating almost the whole bowl three times a day so we'll be starting on other baby foods soon and see how he does. They just finished a trail by our house so we've been taking walks on it and it's been great to get out in the beautiful 70-degree weather we've had lately. Josh has started tilting his head from side to side to examine things better and it's really funny. He still blows raspberries on every surface. He's getting more and more patient when we read books and will sit still through the whole book sometimes before grabbing the book to chew on it. He loves singing songs and listening to music. If all else fails, he will always cheer up when we sing a song with hand motions.

We have started a weekly playdate with my friend Rachel and her daughter Winnie who is just a few weeks younger than Josh. It's fun to watch them interact. Rachel is also going to teach me things about cooking. She's an amazing cook (the kind that doesn't need recipes... yeah THAT good) so I'm excited to learn from her and enjoy delicious food together.


-Amy

No comments: