Phew. "Angel Josh" is back. Maybe it was the days and days of constant rain keeping us indoors or who knows. But I do think he needed a little time to adjust to this new world of crawling. He's gotten better at maneuvering himself so he doesn't get stuck or fall on his face or bump his head as much. When he does bonk his head a bit he handles it much better. He seems to understands "no" because he stops doing what he's doing when I say it or whines a bit. He doesn't get quite as upset when I won't let him near certain things.We have been cracking each other up lately. Whenever either of us laughs, the other laughs and then we both keep laughing. As Josh gets older I feel like we are more able to communicate with each other and it's fun. He's getting smarter with his toys and learning how to do things. Like he knows how to turn his wrists while he's holding swishy-sounding toys to make the swishy noise over and over. He knows how to push buttons that make sound. He knows how to maneuver his little fingers to move little parts of a toy. He has started throwing things on purpose to see where they go or what noise they make when they hit the ground. When he gets on the hard wood floor he always pats it for awhile and blows raspberries on it because it makes a sound. He loves to be surrounded by soft things whether its clothes or blankets. Whenever there is a blanket or pile of anything soft on the ground he goes and rolls around in it and lays there with the hugest grin and is so happy.
So I have this new major paranoia that Josh is going to find some random little thing on the floor and choke. When Josh gets really quiet for too long or coughs or makes any sound that could be choking I totally freak out: my heart starts pounding, I start sweating, I get light-headed. I totally freak out. I run over to him and look at his face to make sure he's okay. I even stick my finger in his mouth just to make sure. He looks at me like, "Oh... hi Mom. Didn't know you were there. And here you are all of a sudden. Oh... thanks for letting me chew on your finger. This is so fun that you're coming to play with me! Here look at my block that I was playing with. It's pretty cool huh?" While I'm having a panic attack and then I breathe a sigh of relief and I'm so happy he's not choking to death. Hahaha. I do my best to inspect the ground and keep it hazard-free but now that he can crawl, I'm afraid he's going to find something that I missed. Oh man I'm getting all worked up just thinking about it.
-Amy

No comments:
Post a Comment