Josh is 8 months old today. His 2nd bottom tooth came in exactly 2 weeks after the first. I think his top teeth are coming in because he's been really fussy with a low fever for the past few days. He crawls up stairs and is learning how to crawl down. He practices standing up by himself. He crouches down while he's holding onto something and then lets go for a few seconds and then falls. He can open cupboards. He likes to follow me around and hang onto my legs.He likes to sit
on my lap when I'm on the computer. He likes to take books off bookshelves. He likes to take everything off any surface. He doesn't like "alone" playtime in his pack n play... we're still working on that. He has tried quite a few new foods and likes most everything. He likes to bite off chunks from the banana instead of picking up chunks with his fingers and eating them. We are trying to teach him a few different signs to help him communicate and he can do signs for "more" and "all done" and sort of waves.
He LOVES the bath. After his bath he gets super hyper and wiggly and doesn't want his diaper or pjs on. But once we get him all ready for bed he just conks out. He likes to be outside. He loves going on walks. He's a little weirded out by grass so it's kind of a good way to keep him on the blanket and not wander :). He's a great shopping buddy. I make a deal with him that he can roam around in the dressing room if he'll be good in his stroller when we're not in the dressing room. He's also good when we go to Wal-mart. Sometimes I wonder if Wal-mart is over-stimulation because in addition to all the things and people to look at, they have all those screens playing commercials all the time so he's constantly distracted trying to figure out where sounds are coming from.He doesn't seem to have much stranger anxiety. He's fine when other people hold him or when I leave. I finally think I got him back to his bedtime and waketime after Daylight Savings Time threw us off. So he goes to bed at 7 and wakes up at 7. His naps are a little random but we're working on it. He's happy and sleeping through the night so I try not to worry too much. He's been healthy (knock on wood) and happy and life is good.





No comments:
Post a Comment