5.19.2011

Josh 14 months old

Here are some pictures to show a few of the things we've been up to the past couple months. Josh's 4 top and 4 bottom teeth are all in so now his back molars are pushing through, making some days just awful for the poor guy. Josh does the sign language for "more", "thank you", "please", "hungry", and "help" which are all really really helpful for our communication. Josh has figured out how to screw off lids so more and more things have become off-limits. He has lately wanted to drink from cups without lids which of course means a lot of wet clothes. He's been loving drawing lately... and eating the crayons/sidewalk chalk.

The other day Josh was a wreck and wanted me to hold him but I really needed to get something done. I couldn't find my normal go-to dvd of Baby Einstein but I found an Elmo Storytime dvd... yeah that's not happening ever again. I couldn't handle it. Elmo's voice is so annoying to me. Baby Einstein doesn't annoy me because it's just nice classical music playing.


Josh loves playing in water and loves to be outside. We go on a walk everyday. It's hard to let him play in our yard since it's not fenced in but he will usually stay close to me. We go to the playground sometimes too. We've been playing more in the basement because it's cooler down there. Josh plays with his toys while I read or play with the iPad.

Josh only takes 1 afternoon nap now after lunch and some days he's a little more sleepy and has a hard time staying awake during lunch. Once he actually fell asleep in his high chair!

He forgot how to climb down the stairs because for awhile I was letting him get on my back to go downstairs since he'd gotten so good at holding onto my neck and I thought it was so cute. Haha. So now he calls for help when he needs to go down stairs. I keep showing him and trying to re-teach him but now he seems more interested in learning how to walk down the stairs. He's just not quite big enough to reach though.

Every time he sees a computer screen he thinks we're Skyping so he says "hi" and waves. He's turned into a great helper. When I get the dustpan out of the cupboard to sweep under his high chair, he opens the cupboard door for me when I need to put it back. He tries to put on my shoes for me. He throws things away in the garbage for me. He gets things for me if I ask him to. He helps clean up his toys sometimes.




Josh and I still get together with Winnie and Rachel every week. We were going on walks but then it got too hot. But after Memorial Day we'll get to go to the pool!! Josh and Winnie are really such great friends. They are really starting to play together and interact and they can crack each other up. It's so fun to watch them together. They also give each other a lot of hugs and kisses.

No comments: