The Wheelers were kind enough to let Josh and I tag along with them to pick strawberries at Chile's orchard. Schaun grew up with a big strawberry patch in his backyard so he's an expert on strawberries and taught us a lot. Rachel took gorgeous pictures (among her many talents, she takes the most beautiful pictures). Winnie couldn't eat the strawberries fast enough! Josh doesn't like strawberries but he loved ripping the leaves apart into tiny pieces. It was perfect weather and we had a lot of fun. We made sure to treat ourselves to the fun things they sell there that they make with their fresh strawberries: strawberry shakes, strawberry-cider donuts, and strawberry-chocolate fudge. Yum!Once home, I made swedish pancakes to eat with the strawberries topped with fresh-whipped cream. I also made homemade brownies and a chocolate sauce to eat with the strawberries and it was heavenly. Even though I tried to ration them out, the strawberries were gone in 2 days. Time for more!
-Amy

2 comments:
Yum! Your pictures are beautiful!
You are making me hungry. Those. Pictures are framable .
Post a Comment