Josh went to his first dental cleaning appointment! He did so great. He let them brush, polish, floss, and even rinse and use the water-sucker-outer thingy. He didn't fight it at all and was wonderful. While we waited for the dentist to come check him out, they put on PBS for him to watch. Then after they gave him a prize. I'm so glad it was a good experience.
Then Josh was sick for a week. He just had a really high fever all week long, no other symptoms besides a sort of runny nose. He just wanted to be held and snuggle. He was the most relaxed I'd ever seen him. He sat around and watched Baby Einstein, didn't really want to play much. He still took great naps and slept great through the night. So we just took it easy that week. I was worried because I wondered what was going on. High fevers scare me and I kept waiting for other symptoms but none ever came.
At one point Josh had gotten out both of our ipads and my ipod touch and had Baby Einstein, PBS Kids, and the Toy Story read-a-long book all going at the same time. It was pretty funny. I let him do mostly whatever he wanted while he was sick and boy did he :)
His fever went away for 2 days and then came back in full force so I decided to take him to the doctor and he had developed an ear infection in one ear. The doctor said probably the virus/runny nose he'd had the week before set him up for getting this ear infection. And because he'd been sick I was probably a little more worried and brought him to the doctor sooner than I might have otherwise which is good. So we got him on antibiotics and he was back to himself the next day. We still took it easy that week so he could rest and his ear infection could get all better.
Finally after Josh was all better he got to meet his best friend Winnie's new baby brother Florian. Josh was so cute with him. He loved holding him and kept saying, "baby hands, baby toes, baby eyes...." He was fascinated with how tiny Florian was and just liked to watch him. He'd say "Baby so cute!" It made me so excited for Josh to meet his little sister. He's going to be such a great big brother.
I made Josh a cardboard house out of a big cardboard box we had from our new nightstand and Josh loves it! He plays in it all the time.
The weather this Spring has been overall warmer than usual but kind of all over the place, up and down. We had a few really warm days, one day that got up to 90 degrees so Josh's neighbor friend Kiersten came over and they played in the sprinkler.
I'm 30 weeks now and feeling good. We've got baby girl clothes and shoes taking over Josh's room and Josh loves to look at them and say "baby clothes!!" with his voice that means he thinks it's cute. He loves to help me sort them and put them away. Mostly he loves to take them out of the drawers. He tries to put on her tiny shoes and then says "too small". I feel like he loves her already. I hope it stays that way :).













1 comment:
He's adorable.
Post a Comment