8.31.2012

Abigail came to visit!




Abigail came to visit! She literally got to our house a couple hours after Amanda left. Sadly those few hours on my own were so hard!! (Brandon had been in Europe the week Amanda was here and was going to be gone another week!) Abigail took a red-eye flight to come see us so we all took a nap that afternoon.








Abigail is soooo loving and one way she loves people is by looking for a really special thoughtful service she can offer them. So after being an awesome listener to casual conversation we'd had (where I mentioned that I'd love to paint anywhere in my house but didn't know when I'd ever be able to), she offered the incredibly thoughtful gift of painting a room in my house! After talking it out, we decided to paint an accent wall in our main room. I was so excited. I couldn't believe it was actually happening! She totally made it happen. She did a ton of research (thank you Pinterest!) and figured out what color, what supplies we needed, etc. We went to Lowe's and picked out our color and got our supplies. It was really fun painting with her too. Such a fun memory.









THEN she took it a step further and painted our hanging kitchen lamp so it looked totally adorable retro!! She found a picture of a vintage lamp that looked exactly like it!



Abigail took these adorable pictures of Josh at the park. I am obsessed with them. What an adorable boy that Josh is.







Skyping with Daddy while he was in Europe!

Josh was feeling a little possessive :)

Emma turned 2 months old!










Emma was going a little cross-eyed for a minute and we had to snap a picture.

Brandon came home! Josh was so happy to see him!

He brought gifts.


Emma gave him a smile.

Abigail let Emma sleep on her a lot. It was awesome. Emma LOVES to be held and obviously sleeps the best when she's held. Abigail is so warm and inviting, it's no wonder Emma loved sleeping on her.

Movie night!

Abigail is so loving, nurturing, thoughtful, sweet, positive, uplifting, and increased my self-confidence 10-fold. She is such a great listener, so sincere in her compliments, shares such sweet observations, and knows how to care for people in the way that means the most to them. She has skills that are my weaknesses so I admire her so much and feel like I can be a better person after spending time with her or talking with her. She does anything and everything to make people around her happy. She is always smiling and always positive. She was so helpful around the house too. She makes cooking and baking so much fun. She is also a great cleaner. It was heavenly to have her in our home for 2 whole weeks! Love you Abigail!

After having Trevor, Amanda, and Abigail each take a turn living with me for awhile... first of all, I was overwhelmed with their love and sacrifice to take the time and spend the money to come see us and help out. It meant the world to me. But I was also really impressed with them as people. I already knew they were awesome but to spend that one-on-one time with them and see how well they took care of us and made life so enjoyable, I was able to see their awesomeness at a new level. I learned more about them and gained a new appreciation for them and who they are. I called my mom a few times to tell her what a great job she did raising her kids and how awesome they are and all the amazing qualities and skills they have. I just have the best family ever.

No comments: