5.26.2013

Busy month of May


With springtime well under way, our grass is growing like crazy so we were mowing the lawn at least weekly. I love mowing the lawn so it's fun for me but I let Brandon take a turn mowing every once in awhile too :) and Josh loves to mow alongside us. Emma likes to watch.

Brandon went home to Casper for a few days to sell snowcones for the state track meet to make some money. He also presented a Youth fireside while he was there. I secretly skyped in so I could watch and he did awesome. He spoke about self-worth and remembering who we are and making right choices based on remembering who we are. He also talked about enduring and not letting trials affect our attitude or self-worth. It was really great. The Youth were really responsive and Brandon is really funny too and connected with them so they got into it and were open to the message.










We went to a high school grad party of a girl in our ward and they had a bouncy house, snowcone machine, popcorn, and cupcakes. It was the best party. All of Josh's best friends from church were there and they had so much fun.





Just woke up.

Emma is fearless and tough. She climbs and crawls everywhere! She finds ways to get places and finds ways to get out of places. She falls sometimes but pops right back up. She's also determined. She knows what she wants and she finds a way to get it. And for the rare occasion the thing she wants is truly out of her reach, she'll yell and cry.




Lean on me.

She's also silly. She's turning into a little show-off. She whacks stuff or makes silly noises or funny faces or fake laughs and when you laugh or give her attention, she has that face where she now knows what to do to get attention and she loves it. She's just giggly and it's so fun. She follows me around and "helps" me with whatever I'm doing. She's great at emptying the dishwasher.



I visit teach an amazing lady Suzanne and it's always so fun to go visit her because she's the sweetest and also because she has a lot of pets: cats, dogs, rabbit, and.... a pony!


Winnie turned 3!









 Joelle turned 5!


Mainly Music class





Josh's "concentrating" face:

I've noticed with Josh and now with Emma too that it seems that the best way to play with toy cars is to lie on the ground so your face is level with the car.

Emma just seems so big lately.




Josh likes to wear this headband and decided Emma needs to wear one too. It cracks me up. This is where they sit while I do my hair and makeup. We like to be near each other :)

After Josh's nap I noticed he turns on his light but doesn't come out of his room for awhile. I figured he was reading books and wanted to see exactly what he does so I put my camera under the door. It is just so cute to me seeing him sitting on a pile of books reading through them. I want my kids to love reading.

Cleaning the church. Josh found one of Emma's winter hats in the car and wanted to wear it. It was so hot that day. By the time he finally took it off, his head was drenched in sweat!

On Sundays that there is ward council and we wait for Brandon after church we hang out in the Nursery and this particular Sunday another waiting wife and kids joined us so it was way more fun. Cute Madeline and Josh set up school and played school. Teacher Madeline asked Josh to say his name and how old he is :).

Playdate with Winnie

1 comment:

Laurie Stoker said...

Your family is darling.