The day before Christmas Eve I felt congested, achy, and my eyes hurt really bad. I suspected pink eye so I went to the doctor to confirm and get a prescription for an antibiotic. So I didn't feel great but I couldn't let it stop all our Christmas dreams from happening! So I went last-minute grocery shopping and Brandon and I made the traditional foods and activities happen.
Christmas Eve traditions started with Santa Balls.
Christmas Eve traditions started with Santa Balls.
The streamers were Emma's favorite part. She just ran back and forth through them over and over and then they ended up winded up in her legs. She loved it. She also LOVED the ring pop from her Santa Ball.
Rice Pudding! Josh got the almond!
Christmas PJs! The PJs Emma is wearing my mom made for me and I wore them when I was Emma's age.
Trying to sing Christmas carols before bedtime was a joke. I was sick with a bad cold and had no voice and the kids were wound.up. After a few songs of Brandon singing solo and the kids running around and yelling, I gave up and asked Brandon to read Twas the Night Before Christmas. Also a joke. Emma cried the whole time. It was a battle. Worth it? Definitely ;) Traditions are traditions.

Helping Santa set up Christmas before we went to sleep was so fun!

Christmas morning! Opening stockings on our bed.
Walking into the room with eyes "closed" in a line youngest to oldest ;) to see what Santa brought!

I made the baby doll changing table pad and matching basket liner.
She loves to pose for the camera.
"CHEEEEESE!"
Emma found the rest of the cookies Santa didn't eat and helped herself.
More presents in the basement! A roller coaster for Emma and new bike for Josh from Grandma and Papa!
And last but not least a new scooter for Josh from Grandma and Grandpa! He rode thing around the house nonstop for the rest of the day, and week.
Sword fight with random cardboard packing materials they found from present-opening.
Day after Christmas playing with new toys.
Emma loved this tea set.
























No comments:
Post a Comment