After birthday breakfast we drove to DC so Brandon could do baptisms with our ward youth in the Washington DC temple. Brandon's brother Jason and his friend Shirene took Josh and Emma to play at a park that afternoon so I could do initiatories and then watch the rest of the baptisms. Then we treated Jason and Shirene to Cafe Rio as a thank you and visited there for awhile. The weather was awesome- overcast and like 70 degrees.

The kids were pooped after a long afternoon playing and no nap so they passed out for the 30-minute drive to Cafe Rio.
On our drive home we stopped at Moo Thru for ice cream-- another of Emma's favorites.
Sunday morning Emma got at new birthday dress to wear to church.
It feels like Emma was just born yesterday but it also feels like we've been through a lot and like I've known her for years and years :-). As predicted with her due date being around the 4th of July, she is a firecracker. She is very vocal, very expressive, very emotional, very opinionated, very loving, very affectionate, very everything. She smiles a lot and her smiles is huge and the cutest thing that ever existed. She has a new fake laugh that she does whenever anyone laughs- she wants to be in on whatever is funny! She does EVERYTHING Josh does, and I mean everything. Every little move he makes she copies. She follows him around, wants whatever he has, sometimes takes his toys he's playing with, but he loves that she plays with him. Last time we were choosing a movie to watch Emma wanted to watch Frozen (as always) and Josh wanted to watch How to Train Your Dragon and I said Emma got to choose that day so Josh got upset and I took him up to his room to calm down and when I came back downstairs Emma had gotten "Dragon" out and was holding it up to me saying "Dragon? Dragon?". The time before that it was the exact same scenario only Frozen vs. Cars 2 :-). She loves to give hugs and kisses. She mimics most words we say and learns like 30 new words a day. She hates when I do her hair, hates getting dressed (unless it's a DRESS), loves anything with sugar, loves soda, is REALLY coordinated- I'm amazed at the things she climbs up on and doesn't fall, loves grabbing my face and talking to me with our faces so close our lips are touching. She loves to swim and play in water, she loves playing in dirt, she loves swinging and playing at the park, she loves building towers, playing with cars, making dinosaur roars and other animal sounds, seeing animals, playing with play-doh, jumping on the bed, dancing, chasing Josh, and singing "Let It Go" around the house all.the.time. She's been sleeping through the night really consistently for the past month which has been awesome! (knock on wood)

Then of course CAKE!






No comments:
Post a Comment