
First I went through their clothes gathering their uniforms of white collared shirts and gray sweaters. Black skirt, gray knee-high socks, and black Mary Janes for Emma. Then I used this tutorial and got big black t-shirts from the thrift store and made them into robes.
Then wands.... I came upon this tutorial and decided to give it a try because it sounded fun (and normally crafts don't sound fun to me :-)). The tutorial said to just be creative and make whatever designs you want with the glue gun but I didn't feel like being random so I looked up what the HP characters' wands actually look like and tried to copy them. That was more fun for me.
Ward Trunk-or-treat!
This is Emma's best friend at church, Rachel. She's the cutest 12-year-old.
Apparently Emma didn't want me hangin around.

Another cute 12-year-old girl in our ward Skye was dressed as Elsa and Emma loved that.
If there's anything Emma's not it's camera-shy. Oh I just want to eat her up!!
The Gryffindor clan.
Brandon was out of town on Halloween so I took the kids around our neighborhood trick-or-treating. They LOVED it. Everyone loved Josh's costume. People walking by said, "Look! It's Harry Potter!" and he loved it. Emma was "the girl from Harry Potter" (come on people...) but they thought she was the cutest thing EVER. She did a lot of walking, I was proud of her. What kids do for candy...
Our neighbors in the cul de sac next to ours decorated their house inside and out super spooky. It was awesome. They went all out. They were having a Halloween party and were dressed to the nines in the coolest costumes. Josh started walking inside like '"Oh yes! Finally HERE'S the Halloween party!!!" Haha. Ok let's be honest I totally wanted to walk inside myself.





















2 comments:
Love Emma's expressions. Your kids are darling. I'm excited about their costumes. I had no idea their t-shirts were robes until I read it. Nice job.
Oh man, your kids are the cutest! And I would be thrilled with that costume idea too.
Super fun wands, too!
Post a Comment