10.26.2014

October

When we watch General Conference it's one activity after another. It's tough business coming up with quiet activities for the kids to do so they stay in the same room as Conference and can listen to as much as possible. A lot of variety and snacks and they do pretty well. They love the music and love seeing the prophet. One of my favorite talks was this one.

Our neighborhood park is basically our very own since we never see anyone else there. It's our home away from home (well besides Walmart down the street :-)).

Found a millipede.

We also have to go to the park to enjoy the leaves since we don't have any trees in our yard.

On Wednesday mornings while Josh is at preschool Emma and I go on dates. Sometimes that involves running errands, like at Trader Joes.

Sometimes when we have dance parties we watch music videos to get a little dancing inspiration. I introduced Josh to the music video for the song "Where Them Girls At" (which we know from the movie Despicable Me) and Josh likes to follow along to the dance moves.

Friday mornings we go to Mainly Music class. We loooove it.

Climbing on Dad while he took a Sunday nap. I tried protecting him as long as I could.

Our next-door neighbors were cleaning out their garage and asked if we wanted their 2 Power Wheels cars. We go on a drive every evening before dinner.

This is a typical scene in our house when I REALLY need to focus, shower, get dressed and ready for something early in the morning (before 10am ;-)). The iPad is the best invention.

Josh got a little tired on our trip to Dollar Tree.

Peter is one of Josh's preschool friends and we went to his 4th birthday party.


Emma cracks me up. Every where I turn she's got something new on her head (or someone's shoes/socks on). She has soooo much personality. I love it. She's just silly, confident, and fun. Sidenote: I KNEW Emma would be one of those kids who takes their diaper off all the time. Wearing clothes helps. No clothes=no diaper.

Saturday morning breakfast on the parking garage roof at Brandon's office before we dropped him off at work. He works every Saturday (football games) so we try to make the most of the time with him on home game days whether it's in the morning or evening depending on what time the game is. He's great at thinking of fun creative things to do together as a family since he's gone a lot.


I had to take a picture of Josh in his first Primary Program. He was the first to go up and say a line to open up the program. It was a great way to start things off if I do say so myself ;-). The beautiful lady in blue by Josh is my wonderful friend and Josh's Primary teacher and her husband is the guy with the beard :-).  They are the best. My favorite was the children singing "I Stand All Amazed". That song has such powerful lyrics and to hear the children sing those words was so special. What important knowledge it is to know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and loves us and died for us. My sister Amanda wrote a talk once and shared something about that song I'll never forget:

"When I was younger, before I could read the hymns from the book, I thought the words to the chorus were 'Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me, He loved to die for me.' It seemed strange to me that someone would love to die, and when I realized what the words actually are 'enough to die for me' I was slightly embarrassed that I had been singing them wrong. But now when I think of those words, I know that they are true—He did love to die for me. The Savior gave His life for each of us. He knows our joys and our sorrows. He loves us and nothing can separate us from his love."

No comments: