So I've been wanting to upgrade from our 8 1/2 year old queen bed, though it's been good to us, to a king. Every time I look online at beds I get so overwhelmed I just give up. So I asked my sister-in-law Ashley if she had any thoughts of opinions and she did. She said Sleep Number all the way. Well, they're kind of expensive. She said to check Craigslist because they got a Sleep Number bed a few years ago and loved it so much they upgraded to a newer model and they kept their other one for the guest room but she said I'm sure other Sleep Number lovers out there sell their old one on Craigslist because they're upgrading. Normally I wouldn't buy a used bed but the way Sleep Numbers are designed you can zip off the pillowtop and wash it. And Sleep Numbers don't wear out like other beds do, they have a 25-year warranty. I miraculously found someone who was exactly the scenario Ashley described. They loved their Sleep Number but upgraded to a newer one, and were selling their few-year-old king-size Sleep Number bed for $300 (what?!!???!! They sell new for at LEAST $3,000!!!) They were rich and didn't really need the money but mainly wanted someone to take their old bed away and make a little extra cash. I happened to contact her the NIGHT before their new bed was going to be delivered and if they hadn't sold it they would've had the Sleep Number guys who were bringing their new bed take their old bed. So Brandon went the next morning and got our new bed!! We went to the Sleep Number store to find out our Sleep Number and umm WOW I haven't slept so well... I never want to get out of bed in the morning and I look for an excuse to take a nap when the kids nap. It's sooo comfortable.
Well since we had a new bigger bed, now we needed a new frame for it ;-), soooo after searching for days on every website in the world for something that I wanted that also fit the budget I found my dream bed for under $300- free delivery. Merry Christmas to us!
And also with a new bigger bed I needed new bedding since I had no king-size bedding. So my awesome sister-in-law Ashley who has me for Christmas this year said she'd get me new bedding for Christmas. So then I searched online for every single comforter, quilt, bedding set in the existence of the universe and finally found the one of my dreams that also fit the bill. And voila my bedroom has transformed. I rid it of all the kids toys that found a place in there for who knows what reason and the kids themselves aren't even allowed in there anymore so it stays clean and dreamy and now I open my door and smile EVERY.TIME.
Okay so ironically the kids are IN this picture of my new bed/room. But it's because I was hanging pictures up and I couldn't lock them out of my room with me inside it so I put them in "jail" on the chair and gave them an ipad so I could put on the last finishing touches.




No comments:
Post a Comment