
The hardest thing was framing the mirror. I got pieces of moulding and spray painted them white. Then used a saw to trim them and cut them at 45 degree angles. One the bottom piece Brandon used a dremel to make it flat so it would lie flat on the mirror (the other pieces were thicker on the outside to lie flush against the wall).
Then, for some reason the way our house was designed there is this empty space under the counter with no cabinet and we've never done anything with it and I was trying to decide what I could do that would be easy and useful and look good. We put a wire shelf underneath and I put all of our stuff in baskets so it's easy to grab to put on the counter-top when needed.
It was a lot of hard work and I couldn't have done it without Brandon and Christian (guy at Lowe's who spent a couple hours with me teaching me some tricks of the trade). I love how it turned out!
Cost:
$60 for all the paint, paintbrushes, plastic sheeting, painter's tape, etc.
$10 for hooks
$30 for 2 floating shelves
$20 for moulding for frame
$20 new saw-pull
$10 for liquid nails and caulking gun
$50 for new bath mats and towels
$20 for wire shelf
$30 for white baskets
TOTAL= $250







3 comments:
Good job!! We love the new look. The paint color is great and it looks so fresh and clean. Anna and Janet
It's perfect Amy! Good work! I love the wall color paired with all the white. Especially for a bathroom.
Looks great! Love it!
Post a Comment