3.04.2015

My 31st birthday!

I had a great birthday and felt super special and loved. The Friday night before my birthday our book group had a movie night and they surprised me with a cake which was so sweet.


Birthday morning I woke up to Brandon cooking Swedish pancakes, my favorite. Then I opened presents. I got a soft jersey robe (I'd been wanting one for when I have the baby), a cake turner (I looove making cake and have been wanting one to make it easier to frost), Big Hero 6, aaaannnnnd Brandon surprised me with a Kindle Paperwhite! I also wanted a Kindle for when the baby comes but kept talking myself out of needing it. But I'm really excited about it.

Then Brandon took Josh to a birthday party and Emma on a date while I went to a girls lunch with good friends who we've all had a birthday recently and thought we'd do one big birthday party for all of us. There was so much delicious food. Karen hosted and made 2 fancy quiches, a spinach strawberry salad, and her famous chocolate orange cake that I was lucky to get last year on my birthday from her too. There was fruit and yummy bread and drinks too.






After lunch they said "surprise! it's also a baby shower for you!" So I opened presents for Baby Boy. Such sweet friends. It was a great time getting together for good food and girl talk.

My dear friends Karen, Laura, and Crissy.




Brandon had to work the rest of the evening so the kids and I took it easy the rest of the day. It was great to hear from family and close friends. It was fun to get goodies in the mail. I had leftover cake for dayyyss, all I ever wanted :-) And then just when I thought the cake was gone, my awesome friend Katherine brought over a bunch of cupcakes from Sweethaus Bakery (the best cupcakes everrr) which I didn't realize I needed for my birthday to feel complete but boy oh boy did they hit the spot. Thanks everyone for the birthday love!

No comments: