5.01.2015

Thursday- Wedding Day!

Well Thursday was the big day, the reason we came to Utah, and it didn't have the best start... Wednesday night wasn't the best, Jack woke up a lot, so I didn't get the best night's sleep. And he was fussy in the morning so I couldn't get anything done. I didn't have time to wash my hair but I scrambled to at least curl it since I hadn't washed it in a few days... I did my makeup in the car on our drive to the temple. I really wondered that morning if we were going to make it and if I was going to look presentable in the least but I knew we obviously had to so we just pushed through and didn't stop to think or dwell on the fact that everything seemed to be going against us. We got to the temple but the parking garage was full, we found a lot to pay for nearby and walked into the temple.

My sisters were going to watch our kids during the sealing so we got them settled in the Youth Room in the temple. We got to the waiting room inside the temple by 10:45 (sealing was at 11) so a few minutes later we went up to the sealing room. It was so great to see all the extended family there for the sealing. The sealing was so wonderful and special. It was the highlight of the trip. The sealer gave wonderful remarks and there was so much love in the room. It was great. After it was over we went outside to wait for the new married couple to exit the temple. 

They're married!! And so happy!!

Then it was picture time!
(all photos below courtesy of Trevor Johnson and Hannah Judd)



After we were done with pictures outside the temple we grabbed lunch and had some down time at the house my parents were staying at.



 Then we went early to the reception center for more pictures. After the reception we said our goodbyes (my family was leaving to drive home the next morning). Amanda was SUCH a beautiful bride. She was just gorgeous, picture perfect. And she was glowing with happiness. It was so wonderful to be there for her and Ben's special day. I'm so happy for them.

No comments: