This is us a few weeks ago when we went to a fireside put on by Thomas McConkie (author of Navigating Mormon Faith Crisis, a really great book, I highly recommend it). We were shameless groupies who asked him to autograph our copies of his book we each had and got a pic with him :-)
We went to Jack's final broadway showcase that he will perform next week in NYC!
When we moved into our new house in Provo a couple weeks ago Jack was a HUGE help. He helped us move a ton of stuff. He unpacked and put away my entire kitchen and office. And he played with the kids so I could do a ton (he's soooo great with kids!!). I remember him asking if I could use his help the next day (after he'd helped for a few days in a row while he was totally busy with his own life) and I said, "yeah I could but this isn't fun and I don't want to make you do more and I know you're busy," and he said, "I have time to come back tomorrow so I'll be here. And sometimes you do things that aren't the most fun because they're important." He walks the talk.

Jack is an artist and Josh and Emma loooove coloring with him.
Trevor, Josh, Emma, and I went to Jack's convocation. Jack sang a group number with the other MDT grads.
Afterward we had a party for him at our house. Jack's brother Sam and his wife Tiffany came and Jack's sister Ellen and her cute kids came. Polly, Amanda, and Melinda came later. Brandon was out of town and sadly missed out on the festivities but was luckily back in time to say goodbye before he left.














1 comment:
This is SO SWEET! I love how you've both made each other like family. It inspires me to really reach out to more people in my life. And I will have to look up that book you mentioned at the beginning of the post!
Post a Comment