I wanted to recount my last day before going into labor since I happened to have pictures from it! Unless you have a planned induction or planned cesarean delivery, you never know when that last day will be before your life changes and you become a parent for the rest of your life. It's fun to remember how you spent that day :).
I never had crazy nesting instincts. I was always running errands and getting ready. I never got that burst of adrenaline to cause me to cook 30 casseroles one day or build shelves in the middle of the night :).
Anyway the day before I went into labor was a Saturday. Brandon had to work as usual so I was on my own. Since I was almost 41 weeks, I had really done everything to get ready that I could possibly think of. There was a local semi-annual baby consignment sale going on that I initially didn't think I'd make it to because I thought I'd have the baby by then but since he hadn't come, I decided to go and get a few more onesies since I didn't have very many. Then I took pictures of Josh's room since I hadn't yet. We didn't have a crib yet because we knew we'd have guests stay in there the upcoming week and didn't have room for it yet.

Brandon came home earlier than usual so we decided to see if our friends, the Smiths, wanted to hang out that night. We brought pizza and Guitar Hero World Tour over to their place and had a lot of fun. Their little girl, Lucy, loves Taylor Swift and sang along when we played her songs. It was so cute. What a great way to spend my last night before I went into labor!

1 comment:
I never did write that down! I probably should too! I can't believe Josh is a month already! I still think he looks like a perfect mix of both of you! And I just want to kiss his little cheeks too and eat him up! Haha...that comment probably made you glad that I can't get to see him in real life!
Post a Comment