
So I had planned on going home to Iowa to visit my family for a week for my younger sister's high school graduation and so they could all meet Josh. Well Brandon found out he had to go out of town for work so we thought we'd see if I could change my flight home to go a week earlier so I could be home with my family instead of home alone in Charlottesville. Miraculously we changed my flight so I could go home a week early and it didn't cost anything! When I called my mom to tell her, I suggested that we make it a surprise for the rest of the family.

So Tuesday night my mom surprised my family and told them that they needed to get ready to go to the airport to pick me and Josh up from the airport! They were surprised and so excited. It was so fun to see everyone when we got off the plane. After we got my suitcase and were about to walk out, my mom said, "I have one more surprise.... Amanda is here!!" My sister, Amanda, who lives in Provo, Utah who I wasn't sure when I'd see next had found a last minute flight and was about to land in just minutes! We walked over and met her as she got off the plane. What a great surprise!! So we all got to spend this past week together and I'm so glad Amanda could come and meet Josh. It's been such a fun week spending time with her and the rest of my family. Today is my mom's birthday and I'm so happy I'm here to celebrate with her! It's been quite a few years that I've been home for her birthday.

Oh and I have to say that Josh was a dream to travel with. His feedings timed out nicely so I fed him right before the flight, during the layover, and right when I got to my family's house. It was nice to not have to feed him on the plane. I used a Snugli while walking around the airport during the layover and he loved it. On each plane ride, he'd be happy and awake for awhile and then sleep. He wasn't ecstatic about the landings because it was a little rocky and he was starting to get hungry but he was really wonderful and I'm so grateful that it went smoothly. Here is a picture of him on his first airplane ride!

1 comment:
That is so awesome that you got to go home and Amanda was there! I'm sure everyone loved meeting Josh! I would love meeting Josh! Suprise visit me!! He is soooo cute. I get to go home for a visit in July and I'm really excited!
Post a Comment