8.13.2010

5 months old

Josh is 5 months old! He can sit up on his own pretty well. He just tips over after awhile. He's still rollin around all over the place. He has recently has started making a really high-pitched squeal. Our house echoes pretty good so he likes to see how loud he can be. He grabs every single thing he can and reaches for things he can't. He has also started head-butting me in the face giving me some swollen/bloody lips. He wiggles and squirms like crazy. He whacks things too so I have to be careful not to let him whack things off tables. I feel like he just woke up one morning and decided to become a little rascal :).

But he's also cuter than ever. He looks at you now. Like before I'd hold him and he knew it was me but I had to get his attention to look at me and he would for a second and smile but then look away. Now he wants to see who is holding him and he'll just turn his head or tilt his head up so he can see me. I just think it's so cute. And with his whole grabbing/reaching for everything also comes him reaching for me when he wants me to hold him and when I'm holding him he reaches and grabs my face and "kisses" me and cuddles and it's so incredibly rewarding. It's making me all teary-eyed right now just thinking about it. When your baby first smiles at you it's like the first time they're able to show you they love you. The next is when they reach for you and stroke your face and show affection. It's just so precious when your baby is able to show you they love you. And I love how cuddly and snuggly Josh is. He's a lot of fun.

-Amy

1 comment:

Mallory Stoker said...

He is so cute! And what a good sitter! I can totally relate with the stress of moving. It feels like you can handle regular life but to add anything is almost more then you can handle. I am glad you are getting settled in. We are moving to Northern Virginia so we will have to meet up sometime.