Moving into our new house has been really really hard. I would say the hardest thing next to having a baby. Maybe I'm crazy for thinking it's been so hard. And probably all you mothers of more than one are rolling your eyes and saying, "Just you wait." But adjusting to motherhood has been a challenge so to take care of a baby AND pack AND clean AND then unpack has really pushed my limits. Miraculously I packed mostly everything up in time for when we rented a moving truck and some friends came over to help move everything over to the new house. So the past week I have slowly unpacked boxes and tried to get things moved in. I just like my life in order so to have my house a complete mess, things not put away, me exhausted, no energy to cook dinner, still in my pajamas, a to-do list a million miles long.... and I have a tendency to expect a lot of myself so I've been feeling a little overwhelmed. But I'm constantly reminded of all the blessings I do have and how many things are going right. I am very thankful for our new house. We love it and feel very blessed to have it. And how can I complain about putting away all our stuff when I should be grateful that we have all our stuff! Brandon has been such a source of peace and calmness throughout this whole move. He does so much, even after coming home from a long day at work. He helps me to not sweat the small stuff. He also always brings humor to life and keeps me laughing. And Josh is a constant reminder to keep things in perspective and remember what is really important.
Josh has had a bit of of a hard time adjusting to our new house. He cries more than he ever has, he can't fall asleep on his own, and he's been waking up earlier in the mornings. He also had a bad teething spell that first week we were living in our new house which is over for now so he's been happier. He's still an overall very happy and wonderful baby. Here is a video of him growling a little over a week ago. It was a one-time thing so I'm glad I got it on video:

No comments:
Post a Comment