
Yesterday was a good day for me in the cooking department. Well it was a good day in general too. I made homemade carne asada tacos for dinner, with the homemade chili sauce and everything. I cooked the steak strips with onions and garlic in water for a couple hours so it was really tender and juicy. Then I cooked a chili and blended it up for the sauce. Brandon lived in Mexico (serving his mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) for 2 years and even he was impressed!

Then I made homemade Tres Leches cake and it was de.li.cious. Like really I think it was the yummiest thing I've ever eaten. And it wasn't hard to make so if anyone wants the recipe, let me know. It's possible it might be like 10,000 calories a piece but I think a good dessert is worth any calories. That's just me though. I'm going to go have a piece right now actually.
Then I made homemade baby food! I boiled sweet potatoes, added purified water, and blended it in the blender. It was super easy so I'm really excited to think of all the money I'll save by making baby food myself.My new plan for cooking dinners is: I will have a 2 week calendar and choose themes for each night. Then every 2 weeks I will go through my recipe books and pick recipes. Then I will look at the recipes and make a shopping list for those 2 weeks. We'll see how it goes. But it's been really fun trying new recipes so far.
-Amy

No comments:
Post a Comment