10.19.2010

"Spirit of Exploration"

I have been having success with my "spirit of exploration" (as my mom calls it) in cooking. Rachel taught me to make hummus and tabbouleh salad which are delicious and now staples. A few other favorites I've made recently for the first time are: butternut squash white bean soup, crunchy Parmesan baked chicken, baked sesame noodles, peanutty noodles, a new recipe for chicken enchiladas, chile relleno casserole, and fiesta turkey meatballs. I'm getting better at planning and taking on "intimidating" recipes. It's been really rewarding to learn more about cooking. I'm enjoying cooking more and it's a great sense of accomplishment when I have success in making these new delicious dishes.



I took a picture of Josh and I on the floor because this is where our days are spent playing together and I wanted to document it. I truly feel so lucky that I get to stay home with Josh and be a full-time mom. I've never been happier. I mean look at his cute little face! I get to smooch that face all day long!

-Amy

No comments: