2.15.2011

Josh is 11 months old

Josh is 11 months old today. I'd like to think that once he turns 1, I won't have to think about how old he is in "months" and it will be easier to think of him as a 1-year old, then round up to 1 1/2, then round down to 1 1/2, then round up to 2.... etc. etc. but I've realized that I think the reason people say "months" for sooo long (like seriously I hear people say that their child is "42 1/2 months old" and I'm like "ummm okay yeah I have no idea how old that is...") is because it makes your baby still seem like a baby and you want them to just stay a baby forever because they grow up too fast. So I might be that mom that says Josh is 156 months old when he's 13 years old (yeah I definitely had to whip out a calculator for that) because I'll always want him to seem younger than he is.


Josh finally started to dance!!! I was WAITING for this day to come and it's here and it's so much fun. I've been dancing like a crazy fool every time there was any music... or even when there wasn't music because I wanted him to dance as soon as he possibly would and he finally started bobbing his head a couple weeks ago and now moves his head from side to side and sways a little whenever he hears music. I love it so much. When he really busts a move I just.might.die.


He says "all done", "Hi Daddy", and "Hi Mom". He signs "eat", gives kisses/hugs, and loves open-the-flap books. He will sit for like 30 minutes at a time playing with his open-the-flap books. He learned how to crawl DOWN the stairs (when is he old enough that I'm allowed to let him to go up/down the stairs without my supervision?). He eats just about everything. He has his preferences. He loves cheese, like his dad. He loves peanut butter, like his mom. He still lets me feed him with a spoon which I'm glad about. I feel like I've been able to get him to laugh more lately. He can be kind of serious sometimes but he seems to be more goofy lately. He holds the remote toward the tv (does that mean we watch too much tv? :)). The past few nights he's gone to bed without crying! Usually he cries for a few minutes.


I think he is days away from walking. A few days ago he was only taking about 5 steps at a time but today he was taking about 10-15 steps at a time. I would say today was spent walking more than crawling so I think that means he's starting to commit. Any recommendations for shoes to transition him into? Right now when I put shoes on him he either "can't" walk or he tries to kick them off. I've heard Robeez are good.

-Amy

4 comments:

Kaylyn said...

Hey Amy! Josh is so so so cute!! I can't believe he's turning one! Kendall just turned one on the 5th and it's so hard to believe it's been a whole year since these babies were born. I have a recommendation for shoes for Josh. Have you tried Robeez? Those were really good for both my girls when they were learning to walk. They sell them at Stride Rite...and they sell Target brand ones at Target (obviously). I've never tried the Target ones though. But the Robeez ones are good because they can still kind of curl their toes to grip onto the floor when they're learning to balance, but they also protect their feet. They are almost impossible for them to kick off too. I let my girls wear them inside and outside even though they're soft soled. Anyway...that's my two cents. :)

I hope you guys are doing great! I love to keep up with you on your blog!! Oh, and there's a lady in my ward named Darcy Despain. I have no idea how common the name Despain is, but I had never heard it before I met you. So, when I saw this lady's name, I thought....HEY! I know a Despain!!

Ok wow! This is the longest comment EVER!! Sorry! :)

Courtney said...

That's funny-- someone asked me a couple weeks ago how many months Bria was and I was like, "uhh . . . I have no idea. She's almost three." I stopped keeping track a very long time ago.
As for shoes, Bria wore the Target brand Robeez and I totally loved them. I think they are perfect shoes for beginning walkers.

Schuyler said...

Josh is adorable. It's so sad to have them get so big. I hate that my baby is 10 months old. I love that he points the remote at the tv. If I ask Rhys if he wants to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Special Agent Oso, he whips his head toward the TV and waits for it to be on... Bad sign, I know:) I feel guilty about it, but at least he understands what he's saying. I can't believe Josh is so close to walking! That's so exciting!! Good luck with his extra freedom he'll have soon. Sounds like you guys are doing great!!

Allison said...

I just read your comment and your newest posts--so funny! Great minds think alike in their blogging? Well, it is one thing if your baby is BOY and his hair is fashioned after Justin Bieber, but it is another when your daughter looks like him! And for the record--Josh blows Justin out of the water in cuteness!

Josh is growing up so fast! How cool that he can say all those words and he's ready to be walking all over. I wish we lived near each other so they could play together and be little sweethearts :)