7.21.2012

Emma is 1 month old

So it's been a month now since Emma's been born and part of me feels like it's flown by and the other part of me feels like it's been a year :). It's been a really hard adjustment but I'm really grateful for a lot too. I feel like I'm learning how to mother a baby all over again. Every child is different :). Josh has been amazing. He is my angel, he always has been and he is truly helping me through this transition. I think he will always be my angel. Heavenly Father knew I needed one :).

Emma is still a little fussy during the day and still cries most evenings. It's really hard. Luckily Josh is asleep then so Brandon and I take turns holding her and sometimes if we're lucky we can get her to sleep in the swing next to us in the family room so we can hold her pacifier in and watch some tv and feel somewhat "normal". She loves the swing so I'm super dependent on it. We just started her on a probiotic hoping that will help. She's still a good sleeper at night. She wakes up every 3 hours to eat so I feed her around 10pm and go to bed and then I wake up around 1am and 4am to feed her and then go right back to sleep. It's relatively painless at night which is nice.


She's not really on a nap schedule and doesn't really sleep as much as I remember Josh sleeping as a newborn. She needs her pacifier a lot during naps so she usually wakes up after 30 minutes or so and sometimes I can get her back to sleep and sometimes she is just ready to wake up. My favorite time of day with her is first thing in the morning when her and I are the only ones awake and she's happily fed and just looks at me and I can just soak in her cuteness with no interruptions. I love watching her stretch and scrunch up her legs which are starting to get some rolls.



Josh is still being awesome. He's such a great helper. He loves to help me take care of Emma. He still hasn't shown signs of jealousy or frustration that my attention is split. I cherish the time I get one-on-one with him.


This morning when Brandon was home I took Josh to the park just me and him and it was so fun to play with him like we used to! Our neighborhood had a bouncy palace set up with snow cones because they were doing a promotion to try to sell some lots but it was overcast and sprinkling a little so no one was out. So Josh got the bouncy palace all to himself! Which was good since I probably wouldn't have let him go in it if there were a bunch of other big kids in there. It was a perfect little date we had.

And my brother comes into town tomorrow to visit us for a week!! We can't wait!

No comments: