7.21.2012

Grandma came to visit!

It was so amazing to have my mom come. It was wonderful to have her here for support in so many ways and wonderful to spend time with her and enjoy her company. Josh was in heaven playing with her. It melted my heart to see them have so many special tender moments and experiences together. It made me so incredibly happy to see him happy and feeling so much love. Especially since I felt like I wasn't able to give Josh as much attention as I was used to giving him.
She was so wonderful to hold Emma so much too and let me sleep. She has a magical touch with babies and could get Emma to stop crying when I couldn't, which was most of the time :). She was a shoulder to cry on when I needed to cry it out a few times as I was feeling overwhelmed and emotional. She helped me practice going out to run errands with both kids. She made an adorable hooded towel for Emma while she was here. She took our first family picture as a new family of 4. And of course she helped with meals and cleaning the house. It was so much fun having her here.


1 comment:

Allison said...

I haven't looked at blogs in a long long while so I just read back to your birth story. Amy, you are a tough cookie!! It's interesting how many of the emotions, thoughts, and feelings you've expressed about this two-kid thing are the same I've experienced this past month. Emma is beautiful and I hope all is well with you guys!