3.02.2014

February


Our preschool field trip this month was to the Kluge Ruhe aboriginal art museum. The kids did a scavenger hunt to try to find different pieces of art and then had a blast running around outside :)




 We celebrated Laura's birthday by having a pj night with munchies and watching the Olympics Opening Ceremony. It was really fun. Laura is Josh's Primary teacher and he joined us for a little while before he went to bed and he thought it was so cool that Sister Herring was at our house :). She let him help her blow out the candles.


On Valentine's Day Brandon was out of town and I was really sick with (what I found out the next day was) a sinus infection. I was so tired and had a horrible headache. It had snowed a ton but the roads were fine so Kerstin invited us over and the kids played and I rested while Kerstin took care of me and the kids and fed us a heavenly tortilla soup (with her famous homemade tortillas!) for dinner. I hadn't been able to taste anything all week and I could finally taste a little bit so it really was so delicious and a really fun day.

Emma is trouble. I have no other words. If I leave her alone for 1 minute, bad things happen.

 Brandon won a couple Super Bowl contests so he bought a new tv with his winnings. So we got a new tv stand and I rearranged a little bit. It looks so much better and the tv is huge and awesome. We love it!


I turned 30! Brandon invited our close friends over for a dinner party and made his famous slow-cooked pork and oven potatoes. Friends brought my favorite yummy side dishes and there was a ton of delicious food. We put all the kids in the basement with a movie and they left us alone ;) so we could visit and hang out and it was so much fun.


Tony is THE BEST with kids and Emma loved reading books with him all night.

And I have to show off this amazing bracelet my dad MADE me for my birthday! He is so creative and talented and makes the coolest things. I just love it so much. It's lightweight, comfortable, unique, goes with everything, and is just really cool. I'm trying to talk him into selling them so if you're interested, let me know!

No comments: