
The next day was Josh's actual birthday. We had Swedish pancakes for breakfast, Josh's favorite. Then we went to Short Pump. The other thing Josh asked for his birthday (over and over and over again) was to go to the "mall train" (Short Pump is an outdoor mall that has a train ride that he LOVES to watch). It was great weather again and we had a fun time. That afternoon we went to his friend Max's birthday party at a huge playground so he was in heaven. Then per the birthday boy's request, dinner at Chick-fil-A.
That night he opened up a present from his best friend Winnie who sent it all the way from New York City. She got him a black I (heart) NY t-shirt and some black M&M's from the M&M factory (his favorite color right now is black :)).
Emma gave Josh the movie Despicable Me, one of his favorite movies that we've Redboxed so many times we decided we'd better own it. Josh was pretty happy about it.
And we had a little more cake. "Today I turned 4 so next year I'll be 15!" :)
It was a busy birthday weekend celebrating my special angel boy who I love to pieces. He loves being read to, driving his cars around every possible surface, gettin his groove on, jumping on his bed, playing "Go Fish", building towers, eating frosting, playing in dirt, making Emma laugh, and being a helper. He is the calming, rationale, logical, wise, patient voice of reason in our home and I truly don't know what I'd do without him. He keeps me together, keeps me striving to be better, keeps me cheerful, and is a huge blessing in my life. Lately when he says something funny and I laugh really hard, he then adds "just kidding" and then I laugh even harder. He has the biggest most genuine smile when he makes others happy. About once a day he randomly says, "Mom, I like you." :)











No comments:
Post a Comment