4.02.2014

March

We've had different sicknesses going through our family for almost 2 months now! It's mainly been different colds taking their turn. One cold I got was pretty bad and ended up turning into a sinus infection. It's no fun.


Emma still wakes up in the night. This night it was when we were still awake and she was so wide awake we just let her stay up for a bit with us. She was livin the dream.

Silly kids after bathtime.

Josh still needs help putting on his undies whereas Emma can put on 3 pairs of Josh's undies in 2 minutes flat.

Filling their shirts with sand.

Preschool friends!

"R" is for "Rocket"

Celebrating Andrea's birthday-- Karen's famous chocolate orange cake, snacks, and Austenland!

Emma learns a new word a day it seems. The words she's been saying a lot recently are: go, Josh, uh-oh, woo-hoo!, cheese, ham, horse, baby, help, shoe, ouchie, thank you, I love you, hot (she says "hot?" asking if her food is too hot to eat :)), eyes, nose, hair, foot, toes, birthday (we've had a lot of birthdays lately), goodnight, woo-hoo! and okay! She counts by saying "2" over and over and sometimes other numbers :), makes animal sounds and sings along with a lot of songs. She LOVES Frozen songs and lately Brandon sings, "Love is an open..." and waits for Emma who chimes in with "Dooooooooor." It's the cutest. Sometimes she also chimes in "with you, with you." She gives the BEST hugs. The BEST. She squeezes so tight and says "mmmm" while she hugs and sometimes after a hug she looks at me, gently pats my cheeks, gives me a kiss, and then wraps her hands around my neck and hugs me again. It's seriously the best. She's such an affectionate girl.

Skyping with the Wheelers all the way in New York City.


Josh took this picture when we were at ihop for National Pancake Day. Emma was too busy talking on the phone to pose :)

Josh has been showing a little bit of attitude lately. When I ask him to do something he says, "uhhhhhhhhh" and/or "okay! okayyy!". And sometimes he says, "Mom don't TALK to me!" Yikes. Not sure where he learned it. I'm trying to watch more what I say and how I respond to things to make sure I don't give him any ideas of what NOT to say. He's still very sweet though. The other day while we were eating dinner he said, "Mom?" "Yeah?" "I just want you to come give me a hug" which of course I jumped up excitedly and gave him a big hug and he giggled and it melted my heart.

Josh got a new James train and Percy train from Grandma and Grandpa for his birthday and plays with them all the time. He's had them hardly over a week and I've already had to replace the batteries!

The kids know the drill and on Sundays IF they get to use the iPad it's ONLY to listen to Primary songs and miraculously it's usually not too much of a battle. And it's incredibly adorable to hear their little voices singing along to the Primary songs.

1 comment:

Laurie Stoker said...

Great pictures. I love the shirts filled with sand and the cute things they say. I want a hug from Emma.