Joelle's 6th birthday bash-- these kids are my faaaaavorite!

Trevor came to visit us!! We had such a fun time. We went out to eat a few places and out to do a few fun things but also relaxed and played and talked at home and had so much fun being together. We're so glad he could come and see us for a few days in his crazy busy summer.


We listen to/watch Vocal Point alllll the time so Josh and Emma, in addition to loving and adoring Trevor because he's their awesome uncle, are also a little star-struck. They LOVE hearing him sing in person and Josh kept requesting Trev to perform "A Good Time" along WITH him. So we got in the car and I turned on "A Good Time" (which is something we do almost every single time we're in the car) and Trev started singing along with it and Josh's face lit up more than I've ever seen. He was smiling so big his eyes were watering like he might cry and he looked like he was going to explode. It made me tear up to see him so happy and excited. I didn't get it on camera but it's a moment I'll never forget. Then I put the song on again and told Josh to sing along WITH Trev and he did but was a little shy about it :-). That video is here. I'm telling you, Josh WILL be in Vocal Point one day. He.is.their.biggest.fan.
Trev is so stylish I feel like this picture is a celebrity spotting paparazzi picture or something haha.
Our community just finished the new outdoor basketball court so we wanted to go break it in.
Learning a TOP-SECRET, historically significant, famous, and delicious recipe from our dear dear friend Karen. It was so fun to bake with all my best friends. This is a memory I will never forget.
We tagged along with Brandon to Chapel Hill, North Carolina for a Friday/Saturday overnight trip since he needed to get footage of the UVA women's lacrosse team Saturday afternoon. The kids did great on the drive, it's always fun to stay in a hotel, we got Moe's for dinner, TCBY white chocolate mousse frozen yogurt for dessert, the kids slept great that night (miracle!), Bruegger's breakfast bagel sandwiches and chocolate milk for breakfast, and the best park ever while Brandon worked. Then Sonic for victory milkshakes and dinner for a pit-stop on the way home. It was such a fun getaway.



















No comments:
Post a Comment