
Monday morning Brandon, Trevor and I had reservations to see the Sacred Gifts exhibit at the BYU Museum of Art. They miraculously extended the length of the exhibit so the last day after the extension was Monday and I'm glad I made reservations because it ended up being pretty booked up. Amanda watched Josh and Emma while we did that. It was such a neat exhibit and experience. I'm so glad we were able to see it. Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. For anyone who didn't see it (or if you did but didn't download the free app) you can still download the free ipad app to see all the works of art and learn really neat things about them and see corresponding music and videos.
We went to Slab Pizza for lunch (I'd heard so much about this place but hadn't tried it! It was really good!) and Rita's Italian Ice after, also delicious.


We had a delicious fun dinner and then after we put Emma down for bed we went to the Vocal Point concert!! Brandon, Josh, and I, along with Amanda, Brandon's sister Lindsey and her husband Danny and their daughter Anna went and sat in the front row! It was sooooooo fun!!!! We took video of the whole thing and will cherish it forever. Josh was up and getting his grooooove on the whole time, it was so fun to watch him having the time of his life. Toward the end Trevor came and took Josh up on the stage for a minute-- Josh's dream came true in that moment. It was so awesome.

After Vocal Point performed Trevor came and sat with us and we got to watch Home Free perform. They were soooo good. They are really talented and it was an awesome concert. I was fans before and am even bigger fans after seeing them live. Josh got a little tired so he laid down and rested :-)

It was Trevor's last concert with Vocal Point. He's not doing it his last year in school so this concert was bittersweet, very special, and I'm sooo glad I could be there. After the concert Amanda and I went with the guys to Sonic to hang out. It was fun getting to know the new guys better and share this important night to Trevor with him.
Tuesday morning we went to a park to play. Josh loved playing with his cousin Nathan. They're little buddies.
Eva is the most adorable 3-year-old girl in the world. She is sooo sweet, fun, nice, funny, and I loved getting to know her personality better and spending time with her. What a gem.

Tuesday night we went to visit my Grandpa Johnson. It was his birthday the day before so we sang happy birthday and had some cake. It was a really fun visit. The kids were good so we could talk and Grandpa told us some great stories and we had a great time. I'm so glad we could spend time with him.
A trip to Provo is not complete without a sister sleepover. Sodalicious drinks and baked goods, clothes swap, girl talk, Kneaders french toast in the morning, an AMAAAAYYYYZING haircut by the one-and-only "David" at Shep Studio, and a distribution center stop. Not to mention I slept that night like a baaaaby. Yeah, it was heavenly. Btoml.Josh got to go on a few scooter rides AND ride a train to Thanksgiving Point where we went and saw the animal farm there.
We picked up Brandon's brother Craig, his wife Becky, and their little boy Levi in Thanksgiving Point to take them back with us to Provo. It was our first time meeting Levi! He's one day younger than Emma. They got along great. Levi is so fun and has so much energy.
Thursday morning we snuck in a session at the Provo temple even though we were busy getting ready to leave for our family reunion at Aspen Grove just a few hours later and I'm so glad we did. Thanks to Brandon's mom for watching Josh and Emma so we could go.
We packed up and on our way out of Provo and up the mountain to Aspen Grove we made one final stop at Sodalicious for drinks for the road and to see Amanda who was working so we could say goodbye (again)!
I had to take a picture of their drinks sign. I just think Sodalicious is so cool and their drink names are so creative. It was fun to go a few times while we were there and learn the culture of these drink places in Provo. Amanda loves working there. And I may be addicted to fancy soda drinks now....























No comments:
Post a Comment